Happy Anniversary!!





Our anniversary makes me nostalgic about our wedding.  It wasn't even close to being a huge affair, only about twenty guests total.  Yet it was fun, memorable, and wonderful all the same.  We kept it small but wanted to make sure it had enough wedding-y elements we'd never regret not having a more traditional shindig.  Here is a pic of our family...we managed to fit almost everyone in a single picture!



My sister-in-law took the photos, so sadly she isn't in any of them.  She did an AWESOME job, even with the sad material she had to work with.  For example, this is our first picture as an official married couple:


How awkward.  But did you see the first pic?  I still can't thank her enough for doing such a fantastic job; she made sure all our memories are documented--and well!  Here's another great shot:



After the wedding we took everyone out to Wildfire's to celebrate.  We wanted to make it as reception-like as possible, so we brought a little wedding cake (made by yours truly) and some homemade treats as favors.  The boxes contained a variety of chocolate truffles and peanut butter fudge.  I think most people forgot to take them, so we ended up eating most of them ourselves.  It was such a hardship...


This one is of me disassembling the cake:


Last but not least, this is a picture of T surprising me with a romantic toast:


I love my husband.  I'm the luckiest woman out there to find a guy like T, who is the most thoughtful, generous, loving husband possible.  Like our anniversary this year.  Not only was I cramming for an exam, but I also ended up working late so we had agreed to delay celebrating.  He still went out and got me my favorite food (Vietnamese pho) so I could eat it while studying, and bought me a copy of The Slanted Door because he knew I would love being able to make Vietnamese food at home.

T, you are the best husband I could ask for.  I love you more every day and am delighted I get to spend the rest of my life with you.  Happy anniversary!

Comments

Popular Posts